Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

So What's Up!!!!

So, what's up with Me?  After my mother passed away and my grandson started daycare three days a week, I found that I had more time on my hands and needed something to fill it.  I have always loved doing anything creative.  I have since I was a very young girl.  I can remember getting one of those weaving looms and making dozens of pot holders that my Mom used until they fell apart.  One Christmas I got a candle making set.  I made candles for everyone in the neighborhood.  The summer I entered Junior High my parents put me in Singer sewing school where I learned to sew well enough to make my children's Mardi Gras costumes in later years.  Then as a young adult, I fell in love with roses and gardening.  I became an avid gardener growing and tending to over 50 rose bushes and over 75 hibiscus.  I even entered my blooms in contests and won.  It was during the summer of 2005, after my husband had a minor surgery and was home recovering, that I discovered scrapbooking.  I couldn't go outside and play in my greenhouse, I needed to be close enough to hear if hubby needed something, so I was watching a tv show about scrapbooking and thought, I could do that.  We had a local scrapbook store at the time and I was very intimidated anytime I walked in there.  I had done two scrapbooks for the boys the year they were King of the Mardi Gras Krewe we were in,  It was a very traditional scrapbook, actually it was a sketch book that I just glued the pictures and stickers and used Mardi Gras Stationary from the scrapbook store to decorate the pages.  But in 2005, I decided that I would jump in feet first and create a scrapbook for my husband.  His mother had just passed away and I had taken all the photos from the house for my husband and his children.  So, I started creating my first book in 2005 and have not looked back since.


These days I enjoy doing a multitude of mixed media projects, incorporating mixed media into my traditional scrapbooking pages.  I have discovered that the more texture a page has the more satisfied I am with it.  Now there are times when I do not add too much to the pages, just to be able to get them finished and in the book, before my grandson graduates.  He's currently 3 1/2 years old going on 30.

So since July, I have been trying to get some crafting done every day.  I don't always make it but I try.  I have been doing ATC Cards for Blissful ATC Swaps and also entering Gecko Galz Scrapbooking's monthly challenges.  I did win the challenge for July.  It was a cute little card with a circus theme.

Well gotta go pick up Batman(the grandson) from daycare.

Happy Crafting, Y'all

Donna

No comments: