Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Paris in Springtime!

Hey all you crafty people,  today I am up on the Gecko Galz Scrapbooking blog with a little canvas I made using one of their wonderful ephemera pieces.  The theme for this month is Paris in Springtime.  I am going to Paris this summer so I was really excited to complete this project.


Here are the supplies that you will need.

One 4x4 canvas panel
One small embroidery hoop
Finnabair Art stones
Finnabair rust effects
Finnabair paint in copper
Viva Le France Digital Ephemera Sheet
Paint brushes and palette knives
Heavy Body Gel Medium
modeling paste

First you paint your canvas with the Finnabair Rust Effects paint until you achieve the desired effects.  Just follow the instructions on the packaging and you will not fail.
I then separated the hoop and used one half, either half will be fine.  I painted the hoop the copper color and let everything dry.  I used a heavy body gel medium to attach the hoop to the canvas.  I then added a mound of modeling paste to the bottom of the hoop and a bit on the top edge.  After that I added some large and small art stones to my liking.  I let the entire canvas dry overnight.  The next morning I came back with more of the Rust Effects paint and painted the stones to blend in with the background.  Lastly I chose my ephemera piece and using some of the copper paint, added a bit all the way around the edge of the piece.  Then using Gel medium, I glued the piece down.  I typed out my title and added the copper paint to the edges and then glued it in place.  That was it.  Easy Peasy!!




So my friends, you still have plenty of time to join in the fun!!! You never know when your art will be the favorite of the month and You will win the prize.  So, head on over to the Gecko Gals Blog and read the rules on the Gecko Galz Scrapbooking Blog and take a chance and enter.  I double dog dare you!!!







No comments: