Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

A Vintage Egg Carton Swap

I recently joined an vintage egg carton swap. The rules were quite simple: alter the inside and outside of an old fashion egg carton, fill it with things your partner will love and mail it to your partner. Sounds easy peaty to me. Here is my little altered vintage egg carton.

The first thing I had to do was find the carton. I went to three large chain grocery stores but none of them had the paper egg cartons. All they had was the newer styrofoam cartons. So finally I went into our locally owned grocery store (Rouses) and found exactly what I was looking for. Problem no 1 solved.



Next, I dry brushed the carton with white paint and added vintage postcards.


I then added lace around the ephemera on the top and sequin trim to the inside.









Next came a flower cluster. 



Then came the goodies to put inside. 


The carton and all its contents.
lace bits and velvet ribbon

vintage yo-yos, a mouse trap to alter, a mardi gras mask and a bag full of AB stones.

various printed ephemera and buttons

and a bag full of buttons, rhinestones and other bits of metal

Lastly I added a few old jewelry pieces and a vintage key chain I purchased at a flea market in New Orleans. 

 I hope my partner enjoys her Egg Carton.

1 comment:

Julie said...

This was a really neat project!!!!!