Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2017

An Interesting two weeks

Two weeks ago, I left to go on an art/scrapping retreat.  Most of the ladies that attended cropped, but I decided that I was going to make an art journal using an old book.  Before getting to the retreat, I had prepped the front of the book, so that all I had to do was decorate the front.  Here are a few photos of the process of altering this book.

 First thing I did was to cover the entire outside surface with heavy body gesso.  Then I added some crackle paste in a few strategic places and also used a stencil to add some additional texture.  Then I started added elements.  I used 3d Gloss Gel to adhere the elements to the canvas.  I let that dry over night and then painted everything with another coat of Gesso.  I let that dry then painted the entire outside surface with black gesso.


After painting the entire surface with heavy body black gesso, I used some Finnabair brand opal magic paints to paint the entire outside of the book.  I used the violet-gold and green-gold with a dry brush technique to add color and highlights to the surface.

Now that its finished I will be using it as an art journal.  I'm really excited about the outcome.  Oh, lastly I did add some Inka Gold on top of everything to make some of the textures really pop.

Anyway, when I returned from my crop, I was told that my little grandson had been sick with a stomach virus.  He came and spend the night with us Monday night so his dad could go to work and I took care of him.  Well, unbeknownst to me, he was still contagious and by Tuesday night I was sick.  I was soooooo sick, I had not been that sick in years.  I was up all night running to the bathroom and by Wednesday all I did was sleep.  Thursday was not much better, but by this day, my son was sick also.  So there are two sick adults taking care of one feeling much better, way to active, 3 year old.  I did not feel like myself again until the Saturday.  Ugh, I haven't been that sick in forever.  I was soooooo sore.  Well that's all I have for now....  

Happy Crafting!!

Donna 

No comments: